Orange Grove Center thanks you for your interest in applying for a job with our company.
Please accept this as the official notification of the documents that you are REQUIRED to provide to the Human Resources Department BEFORE being considered for employment.
- Proof of completion of high school, a GED. College degree is required for some positions
- Documents that establish identity and employment eligibility include copy of driver’s license or State-issued ID and Social Security Card.
- Three-year Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) required for positions that involve driving a company vehicle.
To expedite the employment process, it is recommended that you secure these documents and have them available should you be called for an interview.
The following convictions may result in the agency rescinding any job offer made:
(1) Any felony or;
(2) A misdemeanor involving physical harm to a person including but not limited to neglect or abuse or a misdemeanor involving financial harm/exploitation to a person including but not limited to theft, misappropriation of funds, fraud or breach of fiduciary duty; or
(3) a misdemeanor involving illicit drugs, drug/alcohol misuse or sexual misbehavior (e.g. indecent exposure, voyeurism) within ten years prior to employment with OGC; unless the misdemeanor conviction is a first and only occurrence of a DUI (DUI 1), public intoxication, or simple possession of marijuana, then it shall not have occurred during a period of less than one (1) year prior to employment
Any job offers will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of the following.
- Reference and Background checks
- Finger Printing – (See the attached Request for an Exemption if you have a felony or misdemeanor conviction)
- TB Testing
- Drug Screening
- Medical Screening (physical)
Any and all employment offers would be contingent upon successful completion of the entire OGC employment process. Assuming you are offered employment, paid training must be successfully completed prior to starting your job.
The entire process from application submittal to job offer may take from 11 to 30 days depending upon your level of cooperation.
If the background check results received are deemed unsatisfactory, you will be notified in writing. Once you have received written notification, you have the right to appeal. The appeal process is only available for candidates who were denied employment due to an unsatisfactory criminal background report.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS—REQUEST FOR EXEMPTION
Applicants will be provided with information regarding DIDD prohibitions on hiring and employing individuals with a felony or misdemeanor conviction, and informed that they may request an exemption from the DIDD prohibition via the following process:
- The applicant must submit the request for an exemption in writing to the OGC CEO, Tera Roberts, [email protected] along with his or her application, or in the case of an employee, within five (5) business days of receiving notice of the background check results from OGC.
- The OGC Executive Director will confer with a committee comprised of the Human Resources Director, a member of the OGC Board of Directors, and others as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Board. The Committee at its discretion may ask for additional information from the applicant or employee.
- If the Committee denies the exemption request, the applicant shall not be hired or the employee shall be terminated.
- If the Committee approves the exemption request, the request will be submitted to The DIDD through the DIDD exemption process. The DIDD has final approval of all exemptions.
Reimbursement for Pre-Employment Testing
Orange Grove Center requires all applicants to whom a job offer is made to submit to the following pre-employment tests: finger printing, TB skin testing, drug screening, and medical screening (physical).
Each of these tests are done at no cost to the applicant. Orange Grove Centers incurs the full cost. Prices are subject to change
All employees whose employment is terminated during their first six (6) months with the company, and all full-time employees who elect to transfer to part-time status during their first six (6) months with the company, will be responsible for the cost of the pre-employment tests previously incurred by OGC on their behalf. The applicable amount will be deducted from their wages of the payroll check immediately following when notice is received in the HR/Payroll Departments.
The Orange Grove Center
615 Derby Street * Chattanooga, Tennessee 37404
This application will remain active for 3 months from the date you apply