mental health programs
Mental Health is critical to independence!
Did you know that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities often have one or more co-occurring mental health diagnoses? These conditions can contribute to behavioral issues that can limit a person's ability to develop the interpersonal and daily life skills they need to live as independently as possible.
Orange Grove Center, a pioneer in promoting health and community inclusion for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, recognizes the mental and behavioral issues many of the people we support face and now offers two focused programs designed to improve outcomes for individuals in the greater Chattanooga area.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
The Intensive Outpatient Program serves individuals 18 and older who have dual diagnoses of intellectual/developmental disability AND a mental health diagnosis, for example: anxiety disorder, explosive personality disorder, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, or schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorders. The IOP helps individuals develop skills to regulate emotions and make choices that line up with their individual goals. Group home staff of IOP participants are also trained in the same skills so that they can be further reinforced in the home and community setting.
Participants must have an active and current mental health diagnosis and be able to communicate verbally. To apply, please download the application, here. This program may be covered by insurance.
Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR)
Psychosocial Rehabilitation is a community-based program that promotes recovery, community integration, and improved quality of life for individuals who have been diagnosed with a behavioral health condition. The goal of the program is to support individuals as active and productive members of their communities through interventions developed with a behavioral health professional or certified peer recovery specialist in a non-residential setting. Service length and intensity vary to ensure the best outcomes for each participant.
Interventions are aimed at actively engaging the participant and forming goals that result in measurable outcomes in educational, vocational, recreational, and social support, as well as developing daily living skills.
Intensive outpatient program goals
- Increase self-awareness and socialization, while observing healthy behavior modeling
- Educate to increase knowledge, normalize treatment issues, and motivate toward positive changes.
- Improve decision-making and practice coping skills in a safe, real-world environment
- Improve symptom management and expression regulation
- Learn healthy interpersonal boundaries
- Learn productive ways to manage triggers and symptoms and improve relapse tolerance
- Learn skills tailored to specific person-centered goals
- Peer support to increase growth and development
psychosocial rehabilitation goals
- Enhance the understanding of and ability to cope with psychiatric disabilities
- Develop budget management, self-care, and independent living skills
- Socialization and use of leisure time
- Promote vocational development
- Work in a collaborative team-based environment and ability to work together
- Working in an education-based classroom environment
- Practice budgeting, shopping for, and preparing simple meals
Find out more information and apply to our programs
Mail completed applications to Orange Grove Center, 615 Derby Street, Chattanooga, TN 37404, or email to email@example.com.
Phone: (423) 629-1451 EXT. 4001